CritterKill Rat & Mouse Killer Poison Bait Blocks
- ✔ Industrial-strength Difenacoum for effective rodent knock down power
- ✔ Suitable to use indoors or outdoors
- ✔ Contains 0.0025% professional-grade Difenacoum
- ✔ Kills rats and mice that are resistant to 1st generation rodent poisons
CritterKill Rat & Mouse Killer Poison Bait Blocks
Block bait containing 0.0025% w/w of Difenacoum
Single Pack = 300g / 10 Bait Blocks
2 Pack = 600g / 20 Bait Blocks
3 Pack = 900g / 30 Bait Blocks
4 Pack = 1,200g / 40 Bait Blocks
Critterkill rat and mouse killer poison blocks pack a deadly punch and the individually wrapped 30g blocks may be used on their own or with a rodent bait station. Each block is highly attrractive to mice and rats and contains a maximum legal-strength and deadly rat and mouse poison, Difanacoum which is scientifically proven to be extremely effective in the control of rodents.
The unique formulation remains just as effective as Brodifacoum for the control of rodents but is up to 50x less lethal to pets and non-rodents in case of accidental ingestion (always seek urgent vetinary or medical attention in case of ingestion).
Formulated for use around the home both indoors and outdoors, Critterkill rat and mouse killer poison blocks can be used to eradicate rat and mouse infestations anywhere, including in kitchens, attics, sheds, outbuildings and garages. Critterkill rat and mouse killer poison blocks are maximum legal-strength so are suitable for rodent control in commercial premises such as factories, farms, commercial kitchens, restaurants and food premises.
Critterkill rat and mouse killer poison blocks are extremely effective for the control of rats and mice when used indoors and outdoors.
Directions for use:
- Remove other sources of food but otherwise leave the area to be treated undisturbed
- Place bait blocks where there are signs of rodent activity e.g. where you see fresh droppings, inside burrows, runways or in feeding places. Ideally somewhere sheltered and protected – rodents will not feed unless they feel safe and secure
- For rats, 90g (3 blocks) of bait per bait point. If more than one bait point is needed, the minimum distance between bait stations should be 5 – 10 m apart. The bait points should be visited only 5 to 7 days after the beginning of the treatment and at least weekly afterwards, in order to check whether the bait is accepted, the bait points are intact and to remove rodent bodies. Replace used bait when necessary
- For mice, 30g (1 block) of bait per bait point. If more than 1 bait point is needed, the minimum distance between bait stations should be 2 – 5 m apart. The bait stations should be visited at least every 2 to 3 days at the beginning of the treatment and at least weekly afterwards, in order to check whether the bait is accepted, the bait stations are intact and to remove rodent bodies. Replace used bait when necessary
- Protect the bait points from children, non-target animals and water. Ideally use a bait station.
- Frequently inspect the bait points and replace any bait that’s been eaten by rodents or damaged by water
- If all the bait is eaten at certain points, increase the number of bait points. Don’t increase the amount of bait at each bait point
- When there is no more evidence of rodent activity, remove all bait and dispose of. Never leave bait down after treatment
When using any rodenticide, care must be taken to ensure the product is not accessible to children, pets or non-target wildlife species. We recommend the use of protective gloves and ALWAYS wash your hands after handling
When using outdoors, bait stations should be used to reduce the risk of accidental poison exposure to pets and non-target animals
To prevent second-hand poison exposure to non-target animals, collect and dispose of rodent bodies wherever possible.
Standard next working day delivery is FREE of charge
We also offer an alternative, premium next working day courier service with DPD which is available for a £2.95 delivery charge. If you choose this option, DPD will contact you and advise of a 1 hour delivery timeslot with the option of re-scheduling or leaving your order in a safe place or with a neighbour. A Saturday delivery service is additionally offered with DPD at a £7.95 delivery charge for orders placed before 2pm on Friday.
Unfortunately, as of 31st January 2021, we are no longer able to ship our products outside the UK
How quickly will my order arrive?
Our aim is to dispatch all items ordered received before 2pm on the same working day. All orders are sent using a tracked 24h delivery service as standard.
Please note: orders placed on the weekend will not be delivered on Monday. These orders will be prepared and dispatched on the next working day (usually Monday). Bulky items (e.g. large insect control kits) may incur and additional 24 hour delay.
We will send you an email when your order has been dispatched, containing your tracking information.
While we always try our best to dispatch every order following the above timelines, during extremely busy periods dispatch times may increase by up to one day. We will keep you updated on the status of your order via email.
I don't want my friends / family / neighbours / housemates to know I have a problem. Will your packaging be discreet?
Absoultely. 100%. We understand that this can be a tricky time and we promise to deliver fast and discretely.
Will I receive SMS / email delivery notifications?
We will email you when your order is dispatched by us and our courier will email you on the day of delivery with a 1-hour delivery slot.
If you provide a mobile number when you checkout, our courier will also send an SMS message on the day of delivery with a 1-hour delivery slot.
Can I track my order online?
You will receive an email to confirm we have received your order and that your payment has been accepted. You will also receive another email when your order has been dispatched.
In your dispatch confirmation email we will include any relevant tracking numbers, allowing you to track your parcel on the courier's website
If you provide a mobile number when you checkout, the courier will send an SMS message on the day of delivery with a 1-hour delivery slot.
How can I manage my delivery?
We have teamed up with the best UK couriers to provide our customers with the best delivery service possible which is both fast and flexible.
If we miss you on the first delivery attempt, we will try again the next working day. Alternatively, you can visit the courier's website and easily re-arrange your delivery to something which suits you better. You can choose from the following options for your convenience:
- Collect from depot
- Leave in a safe place
- Leave with a neighbour
- Request a different delivery day
I live locally, can I collect?
If you live locally you might want to pick your item up directly from us. If you wish to do this please call us in advance. You can find our contact details here.
If you have any questions please contact us or email firstname.lastname@example.org